[6-8.4] foraus policyLab

Would you like to experience a foreign policy #ThinkTank up close & become a published author? Register now with the #forausPolicyLab, 6.-8. April 2018 in Bern!

With this tweet a young (est. 2009) and innovative Swiss association, foraus.ch announced a new initiative to support people interested in publishing blogs, policy recommendations and other content on the topics of Switzerland-EU relations, security policy in cyberspace, and sustainability in foreign policy.

The group is concerned with international policy, global change, and shares an affinity with the School of Data to supporting fact-based positions on topics from migration to data governance. Take a look at what they have to say from their latest project on climate pacts:

Comprehensive climate targets are complex. Therefore, the authors* propose to use Switzerland’s research and innovation strength to make climate data more accessible. The establishment of a Swiss Open Climate Data Center would provide more data in the climate sector for both research and companies. Switzerland thus supports a science-based climate policy. On the other hand, access to data enables the development of new technologies and services and thus represents an important location factor for companies that develop actual applications from innovative solutions. Through targeted promotion of open data projects, for example as a criterion for National Fund projects, Switzerland can additionally drive data access. Translated with DeepL Translate: The world's most accurate translator

More on this can be found in the SRF interview from :clock330: 3:30

Today it was a privilege to be able to join the Kick Off event at the Effinger Labor here in Bern, where Design Thinking was applied in a series of brainstorming challenges. By the end of the evening I got introduced to how modern policymaking works, made new friends, and am now looking forward to supporting a workshop in this pilot program. More information can be found at foraus-policylab.org

https://twitter.com/sodacamper/status/982187359474106368

I’m looking forward to running a workshop this afternoon as part of the further event program. Here is a taster of what I’m preparing to talk about.

My slides and various links shown today are here:

Thank you participants! Along with your scores, your guesses to the number of chocolate bars in the glass jug are listed with an error percentage. Well sifted :slight_smile:

Words Storyteller Analyst Engineer Scout Designer Total Guess Error
(N/A) 2.5 0.5 0 1 1 5 33 0.00%
creativity love numbers 2.5 3 1 2 0 8.5 32 3.03%
journalism truth music 3 1 0 1 1 6 28 15.15%
good self gestures measure 3 2 2 2 2 11 27 18.18%
creative ideas social people 1 1 1 1 2 6 27 18.18%
think tank religion conflict gender 3 1.5 0 2 1 7.5 25 24.24%
(N/A) 2 1 0 1 2 6 52 57.58%
(facilitator) 1 2 3 3 1 10
100.00%